Friday, March 21, 2008

Lillian Andersen O'Claire joins our family

Tuesday March 18th-
Mom: I noticed things were different. I could not sit through meetings. Swimming with Megan- I was having contractions. After our Greek dinner with Megan and Shaun, we returned home. And I could no longer sit through the contractions- starting around 9:00 pm. These contractions continued- and finally around 11:00 pm Dad asked "should we go to bed for work tomorrow?" No Way!! We called the Doctor a few times, and then around 3:00 pm- we made the trek to Swedish. We had the most wonderful experience at Swedish- great care!
I quickly realized that the contractions were hurting so much because she was "sunny side up"- I was enduring back labor. We were admitted immediately- our first nurse Tiffany was very helpful. We bathed, walked, massaged, used the birthing ball- anything to relieve the pain. At around 9:00 am, our second nurse Sue recommended the epidural- since I was writhing in pain during contractions and falling asleep between. The epidural went well- Nana and Grandpa Einstein and Grandma and Grandpa O'Claire- all joined us in till the last few hours when the pushing started. She came very quickly at the end.

Lillian Andersen O'Claire was born at 4:10 pm- we were elated. Lillian (or Lilly) a name we like, and Andersen her maternal grandmother's maiden name. After two nights in the hospital, we were ready to go home!

We were blessed with many visitors- Grandparents, Aunt Brooke, Uncle Will, Cousin Emma and Lucy, Katri clan, Aunt Devon, and others. We had the best nursing care!




No comments: